Monday, February 23, 2009

My Little Helper

Three of my favourite of-the-moment Kiddle obsessions:

1) He is my printer assistant. No matter where he is or what he's doing, he must -- MUST -- drop everything as soon as he hears my printer start up just so he can hand me the pages as they come out. I've had to reprint things simply to avoid the meltdown.

2) He is my bathroom attendant. Flushing is his job and his job alone. Heaven forbid I pee and flush the toilet myself. But his belated dash into the bathroom combined with a look of indignant reproach is worth it. At least until I have to bodily remove him from the bathroom and lock the door from the outside.

3) He is my elevator operator. The only reason trips to the grocery store are somewhat reasonable is that we park in the garage under the store and take the elevator up. But never forget -- Kiddle must be the one to push the buttons. To the point that he refused to get on the elevator recently because Mr. P pushed the Up button. The nerve of that guy.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think we are living parallel lives. Albeit in wildly different settings. Then again perhaps most kids like to flush the toilet. God forbid I flush on my own. The worst part is now that we are toilet training he is highly interested in trying to see his own butt - or else mine. Please let me know when Thomas starts asking to "look mommy bum"

    Oh, and we have an elevator fascination too. Thomas would go nuts in our building as we go up and down on a daily basis. Max is fascinated with the emergency call button and has already pressed it many a time.

    ReplyDelete