My lord. I just had a classic horror movie sort of moment.
Kiddle was theoretically in bed and I was sitting peacefully on the couch with Extra Little ... when I hear a phone ringing. Not my landline. Not my cell phone. Not any of Kiddle's random toy phones. And it sounds like it's coming from UPSTAIRS.
Then I hear someone talking.
I creep up the stairs to check it out (I know ... that's the WRONG move to make in a horror movie). Of course, it's pitch black up there because Kiddle is supposed to be going to sleep so I can't see a damn thing. I turn on a light and peek into Kiddle's room. He's not in his bed, so my not-yet-adjusted eyes automatically go to his usual alternate location — under the chair. Then I hear this little voice floating out of the darkness, from the chair.
"I call numbers, Mommy!"
He had managed to call some random number. ON SPEAKERPHONE, I might add. And got the classic "Beep, beep, BEEP ... the number you're calling in not in service; please check the number and dial again." Jeez, Kiddle. Way to take 10 years off my life!
What the damn phone was doing in his room is beyond me.
Kiddle was theoretically in bed and I was sitting peacefully on the couch with Extra Little ... when I hear a phone ringing. Not my landline. Not my cell phone. Not any of Kiddle's random toy phones. And it sounds like it's coming from UPSTAIRS.
Then I hear someone talking.
I creep up the stairs to check it out (I know ... that's the WRONG move to make in a horror movie). Of course, it's pitch black up there because Kiddle is supposed to be going to sleep so I can't see a damn thing. I turn on a light and peek into Kiddle's room. He's not in his bed, so my not-yet-adjusted eyes automatically go to his usual alternate location — under the chair. Then I hear this little voice floating out of the darkness, from the chair.
"I call numbers, Mommy!"
He had managed to call some random number. ON SPEAKERPHONE, I might add. And got the classic "Beep, beep, BEEP ... the number you're calling in not in service; please check the number and dial again." Jeez, Kiddle. Way to take 10 years off my life!
What the damn phone was doing in his room is beyond me.

No comments:
Post a Comment