
I can't believe it's already been six months. What a joy this baby is. Still very much like Kiddle at this age: really good natured, LOVES people, cheerful and happy. Biggest difference is that this one SLEEPS. It's true that he's driving me a bit batty right now with his multi-night wakings (more on that another day), but he's so damn easy to put to bed.
Developmentally he's right on schedule: he can roll over both ways, creep around a bit commando-style, lift up his whole body off the ground and even push up onto his knees. He's working on sitting up by himself, but of course I'm horribly nervous about him hitting his head so I haven't practiced this with him as much as I should. I've offered him some cereal and mashed bananas, but he really isn't getting the concept of swallowing yet. We just keep inserting the same bite, over and over and over again.
My one, tiny concern is that he isn't truly babbling. Very vocal and expressive, but not really experimenting with sound yet. Of course, I'm super sensitive to this area this time around. And I really can't remember if Kiddle had a "goo" or "dah" at this exact moment. But, my pediatrician assures me, his skills can change very quickly, so no worries yet.
I'll just be over here, holding my breath, waiting for that first "GAH!"

No comments:
Post a Comment